Oppo has unveiled the Find N3 Flip, the latest iteration of their compact foldable smartphone featuring enhancements in design, hinge mechanism, performance, and camera capabilities. While it may be considered an evolutionary step from its predecessor, the Find N2 Flip, it is well on its way to establishing itself as a top-tier contender in the realm of foldable smartphones.
The Find N3 Flip brings a refined design upgrade compared to its predecessor, the N2 Flip. It incorporates new glass panels, a more curvaceous profile, and improved durability, thanks to the latest Gorilla Glass Victus protection and an IPX4 splash-resistant rating. The device retains its dual-screen configuration, consisting of a spacious 6.8-inch foldable LTPO AMOLED display and a 3.26-inch external OLED panel with a 17:9 aspect ratio.
Under the hood, the Find N3 Flip is equipped with the cutting-edge Dimensity 9200 chipset, delivering enhanced CPU and GPU performance compared to the Dimensity 9000+ found in the N2 Flip. This chipset ranks among the top three offerings currently available in the market. The N3 Flip boasts 12GB of LPDDR5X RAM and offers a choice between 256GB or 512GB of UFS4.0 storage for ample storage capacity.
The rear camera system, enhanced in collaboration with Hasselblad, now features three distinct sensors: a 50MP OIS primary camera, a 48MP ultrawide/macro camera, and a 32MP telephoto camera with 2x optical zoom capabilities. On the front, a 32MP camera is available, although with the versatility of the rear camera setup for selfies, it is likely that most users will primarily employ the front camera for video calls.
- Physical Dimensions: With dimensions of 166.4 x 75.8 x 7.8mm and weighing 198g, the phone boasts a plastic front when unfolded, a glass back when unfolded, and an aluminum frame. It is also rated IPX4 for splash resistance.
- Display: The device showcases a 6.80-inch Foldable LTPO AMOLED display with a 120Hz refresh rate, HDR10+ support, brightness up to 1200 nits in HBM mode, and a peak brightness of 1600 nits. It offers a resolution of 1080×2520 pixels, an aspect ratio of 21:9, and a pixel density of 403ppi. Additionally, it features a cover display made of AMOLED with Corning Gorilla Glass Victus protection, measuring 3.26 inches and providing a resolution of 382 x 720 pixels. The cover display reaches a brightness of 800 nits in HBM mode and 900 nits at its peak.
- Processor: Powered by the Mediatek Dimensity 9200 chipset, built on a 4nm process, and featuring an octa-core CPU configuration with one Cortex-X3 core clocked at 3.05 GHz, three Cortex-A715 cores running at 2.85 GHz, and four Cortex-A510 cores at 1.80 GHz. The Immortalis-G715 MC11 handles graphics and other tasks efficiently.
- Memory: The device comes with two memory options – 256GB of storage paired with 12GB of RAM or 512GB of storage also paired with 12GB of RAM, utilizing UFS 4.0 technology.
- Operating System/Software: It runs on Android 13 with the ColorOS 13.2 user interface.
- Camera System: The rear camera setup includes a 50MP primary wide camera with an f/1.8 aperture, 32MP telephoto camera with 2x optical zoom and f/2.0 aperture, and a 48MP ultra-wide-angle camera with an f/2.2 aperture. The front camera is a 32MP wide camera with an f/2.4 aperture. The rear camera can capture video at 4K@30fps and 1080p@30/60/240fps with gyro-EIS, while the front camera supports 4K@30fps and 1080p@30 with gyro-EIS.
- Battery: It is equipped with a 4300mAh battery and supports 44W wired charging, offering a claimed 50% charge in just 23 minutes. Additionally, it supports reverse wired charging.
- Connectivity: The device supports 5G connectivity, has dual SIM capabilities, Wi-Fi 7, Bluetooth 5.3 with aptX HD, and NFC.
- Additional Features: The phone features a side-mounted fingerprint reader and stereo speakers.
From a quick glance at its specifications, the Find N3 Flip appears to be a well-rounded foldable phone. It’s important to note that it lacks an IPX8 rating, which means it can handle occasional rain but isn’t designed for water submersion, potentially a crucial consideration. However, apart from this aspect, it appears that every detail has been carefully chosen and thoughtfully implemented.